Did you know, that ...
- 5% of all pupils are lesbian or gay?
- in many countries (for example Iran)
being punished by death?
- in Romania homosexuality was forbidden until
few years ago?
- in Turkey there hasn't been any sanctions
homosexuality for many decades?
- in the Federal Republic of Germany section 175
german penal code was changed not until 1994
with the contract that
united East and West Germany. In this case West
Germany had to adapt
the East German law.
- only 27% of the young people can explain what
«heterosexuality» means, but 91% know what
- the rate of young people who commit suicide is
four times higher under gays and lesbians than
- the majority of gay and lesbian teachers
have not yet had their coming out?
- In some states of the European Union there
isn't any law against discrimination,
although the contract of
Amsterdam from May 1999 obliges the old members
of the Union to install
such a law before the 2nd of December 2003.